I’m always concocting new dishes that use simple and fresh ingredients paired with our wild game. These pronghorn and pineapple kabobs are lightly marinated and then threaded together creating a perfect pairing of tender meat and juicy sweet pineapple. In this recipe, I used a yellow bell pepper and onions as the side vegetables, but you can always substitute with other fresh veges that are perfect for the grill.
- 1 1/2 pounds antelope, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium pineapple, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 sweet yellow onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoon light rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- cooked quinoa or steamed rice
- salt and pepper
- Using 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread antelope and pineapple chunks (note: you may have extra pineapple). Set the antelope and pineapple skewers in a baking dish and pour marinade over the top. Cover and let marinate for 30 minutes. On separate skewers, thread bell pepper and onion. Season skewered bell pepper and onions with salt and pepper.
- Grill all meat and vegetable skewers, covered, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side or until the meat reaches your desired doneness. While the meat is grilling, baste with additional honey. Remove from heat when done and let the meat rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the pronghorn, pineapple and vegetables with cooked quinoa or steamed rice. ~Enjoy!