These medium sized bell peppers are stuffed with deliciously seasoned ground venison, quinoa and a special sauce that I have enjoyed using instead of the traditional tomato sauce – El Pato Jalapeno Sauce.
If you don’t have this highly addictive can on hand, you can always substitute with tomato sauce.
- 1 lb ground Venison
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup El Pato Jalapeno Sauce (or 1 cup tomato sauce)
- 1 cup Cheddar Jack Farmstyle Cut (shredded)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove the tops from the bell peppers along with the membranes and seeds.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is warmed add the shallot and minced garlic cooking for 1-2 minutes. Add the ground venison and cook until lightly browned. Combine the diced tomatoes, oregano,garlic and salt and continue cooking until browned. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, stir together the cooked quinoa, venison and the 1/2 cup El Pato Jalapeno Sauce. Divide the venison mixture evenly among the peppers and set in a cast iron skillet or oven proof baking dish. Top each stuffed bell pepper with the farmstyle shredded cheddar jack cheese and the remaining jalapeno sauce.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 40-45 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley.